Tuesday, April 7, 2009

5 Year Olds are Funny!

I really can't believe that my little girl is 5!
Time really flies way too fast...at least when you are an adult.
Ellie is growing up way too fast for me. She starts kindergarten this year.
A couple of funny things she has done lately...

We have been helping my sister Amy move into her new house and spend a lot of time over there. Ellie has been great at entertaining herself, her brother, her cousin, and other people that happen to be there. One day we sent her out to entertain cousin Aiden in his little car. Michelle showed her how to push him around in it and we even blocked the stairs off so there would be no accidents. This is how it started off...

After a few minutes we went back to check on them and found this...

Apparently, she wanted a turn to ride too. And, of course, Aiden was happy to help.

She loves to hop in Ryan's crib with him. He loves it too!
His favorite place to be in hanging out in Ellie's room.

Last weekend we spent at my parents and Ellie was helping with some yard work. Amy told Ellie and Alysa that they would earn a penny for every stick they picked up out of the yard...There were a lot of sticks. When it was time to get paid, Amy went to give Ellie 2 one dollar bills. She got sad and sulky. When I asked what was wrong, she wouldn't tell me. A few minutes later, Amy came over laughing. She said she found out what was wrong with Ellie. Ellie told her, "I don't like dollars with 1's on them!" Can you believe this child?


Here is another shot of my flexible kid.
He is so bendy that he can go right from sitting like this on to his stomach doing the chinese splits. He can do the side splits too.


1 comment:

The Heaton's said...

That is one smart girl;)! Such cute pictures!